National Quality Standards
Research has shown a child’s experience in their first five years sets the course for the rest of their life. To provide children with the best possible start to their education, the Australian Government – in partnership with all states and territories – has introduced the National Quality Framework to ensure high quality and consistent early childhood education and care across Australia.
Nido Early School has embraced this framework across our early education schools in Perth and Melbourne and introduced its seven key areas which focus on:
- Educational program and practice;
- Child’s health and safety;
- Physical environment;
- Staffing arrangements (including the number of staff looking after children);
- Relationships with children;
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities;
- Leadership and service management.
Nido Early School has not only adhered to this framework well ahead of the necessary timeframes, but we are constantly seeking ways to improve our programs to ensure we deliver a quality of education that exceeds the standards and sets a benchmark for the industry at every Nido early childhood school in Perth and Melbourne.
For more information on the National Quality Framework please visit acecqa.gov.au/national-quality-framework